Sunday, August 15, 2010

Too much red meat... bad for you?

I have noticed right before I start menstruation these past few months I have had the craving for burgers. The last time I had a physical done I did have blood work done and it showed that I am not anemic. I did learn that when a person has such a craving for meat like I do it is because the body is probably low on iron. I did try iron pills, but nothing is as good a juicy burger.. well done of course. There are the studies that say that too much red meat is not good for you. Well too much of anything is not good for you. My thing is if I only have these indulgence once every month is it still bad for me?

5 comments:

AngeliStarr said...

I doubt it. Indulging in a burger once in a blue moon wont kill you. I doubt that your craving for it is because youre low in iron too. Its possible tho considering that when you menstruate youre ridding your body of old blood. So who knows. Just eat a damn burger lol =)

AngeliStarr said...

question what does this have to do with greek life?

Skinnie Minnie said...

It was supposed to be life... idk why greek life popped up

Starr said...

I agree with steph, eating a burger every so often is ok, just don't eat it all the time everytime without exercise or you'll have a little belly on your hands.

Angie said...

Yes too much red meat is very bad for you, it can cause Diverticulitis. I know many people this happened to and it is a very scary sight. Like lots of blood loss through the anal and such. But these are people who ate LOTS of red meat. Like more than 5 times a week. Eating a burger once a month is not bad. We need some red meat for the protein and iron.

And as you are learning more and more about hormones and menstrual. You will learn that at that time, cravings are very normal. During my time I want a steak and other red meat. I can eat a horse. And I do not fancy red meat like that. lol