Saturday, January 30, 2010

This past week

Where have I been this past week? SCHOOL! Since school has started school has once again become my life. My thesis classes are so heavy. I have a professor who seems not to help us at all which it totally frustrating. I am like sir you are here to help us formulate and learn how to write a thesis, but you aren't doing any of that. Instead he just tells us figure out, or I can't help you, or find it yourself. This week I had my first Holocaust class since it is a once a week three hour class. I found out my professor who teaches us that class does the same thesis classes out on the Patchogue campus. I was brave enough to ask him in class. I am sure people's eyes almost came out the sockets when I asked, but he seems so much nicer and easier to approach than my current professor. I tried out for the school musical this week. This semester we are producing the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. I was on the fence for trying out, and Wednesday evening I did. At that point I was telling myself if I don't make then I wouldn't be upset because I have sorority stuff this semester as well as my thesis classes to occupy me and oh yes as well as dance and chorus. Then as I did the character portion of the tryouts I tried out as this girl who has a lisp and I fell in love with her. I got called back yesterday to tryout again. I certainly was not expecting to get a call back at all. I also participated in Rush Week. I am very nervous of trying to attempt everything and excel in everything. I will try write on here periodically so you guys can know I am alive, but before I go please wish me luck because this semester is the HELL semester.

6 comments:

Rick said...

Wow - just happen to surf by your blog. You sound like a very busy young lady. Much like my daughter who is a bit older than you. Don't drown in all the demands. You're only young once. (This I know)

Unknown said...

You are busy as a bee! Just fell across your blog, very inrigued and love all the stuff that occupies your life! I look forward to being updated!!

Angie said...

Yup, sounds like a really busy schedule. Don't let yourself get upset...the most important this is that you are trying everything -- and not letting fear stop you. Kudos to you! Hmmm, that professor sounds horrible. That is unacceptable...he is getting paid to do a job, this is not volunteer work. he should be teaching you the thesis writing process. Complain about and find another prof. who will be willing to do the job. I would not stay with his class. Talk to your advisor and tell them just that...you are paying your intuition -- you deserve to be taught. Plus, also take advantage of the tutoring labs (if they have them).

Skinnie Minnie said...

I have no choice, but to stay in his class because he is the only teacher teaching the two thesis classes, and I need those two classes to graduate. So I just have to grit and bear it.

Skinnie Minnie said...

Btw thanks everyone!

Lovelyladylocs said...

Good Luck with the tryouts! but Don't kill yourself trying to do everything this semester.